Tuesday, November 1, 2022

November 1- Candy On Sale Day





 Fall is beginning for real now.  The year is closing down now.  Silly Oct. 31 is done.  The weather is iffy, unpleasant and even punitive.  Or bright, colorful, breezy, full of potential not present during hot days.  Days when we can break out our heavier clothes and enjoy the difference in fabrics and colors.  Actually wear socks!

Two  American holidays are staring us in the face.  I am weary of common holidays.  Maybe I need to stop worrying about doing things right and just do them joyfully?  To quote myself, "Joy negates both happiness and sorrow."

Somewhere long ago I read the saying Ennui Is On Me.  

Its not a good thing.  Shows a true lack of gratitude.  Where do I get off being tired of this life.  What was the alternative.  Nothingness.  No being at all?  Being is pretty heavy duty stuff.  Lord, have mercy on me.

I feel like I need to submerge myself in Ecclesiastes for a while.  That book is a great perspective corrective.

Ecc 12:1

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not,  nor the years draw nigh,  when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them.

Ecc 12:13

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

💮




No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year