Sunday, November 27, 2022

On The Murmuration Of Souls

 

The Incredible Science Behind Starling Murmurations: Where and Why They Form


As I was minding my own business recently, I happened upon one of those videos of Starlings doing their group maneuvers in the sky.  I got one of those little kicks in the ear you get, an idea.  I thought "mankind" and "Bingo".
I felt that I could see the operation of group thought in action.  I thought "surely the people are grass", Is. 40:7.  Nothing as alike as a bunch of grass blades!  They all do it together too, whatever it is.
It's easy to be scornful, to think "I am no Starling!", my thoughts are my own and I fly as I like.
But really, are we not at the mercy of the ephemeral messaging of our era?  Cheap media, hearsay, reading and even real scholarship fill our heads.  How can we help but be flying in the flock as it goes here and then there as the spirit of our times dictates?
Our own minds are made of this stuff, more or less, depending, unless there is some other way to be.
💓📖💓
There is a mysterious escape from this grip on the mind.  We know what it is, of course.  To be filled and motivated by the Holy Spirit is to be independent.  Relationship with God Almighty is the most individual thing out there.  For the Almighty is into the individual and the specific and the unique!  Just thinking about DNA should demonstrate that.  Not even identical twins are exactly alike.
I don't know if I am quite getting there, but it seems like it's zeit geist or Holy Ghost, you know.  



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year