Tuesday, November 22, 2022

A Lot Has Fallen Away or How I Plan To Celebrate This Holiday

One of the main things that has fallen away is the mindless urge to comport to what I have imagined are the expectations of others, who, in fact, are probably not really that concerned with me or mine.  This may sound self-centered. But it's not.  It's just freeing.  Freedom is godly, eh?

I don't come from a background that really enjoyed holidays.  I am not sure why.  Perhaps it was because my parents were so young, working so hard to not go under, and were far from their homes, so that there was no greater family to encourage and cement traditons such as celebrations.  It was always tense at home during holiday times.  Mom would be trying to do the holiday stuff and dad would be grumpy and disapproving.  Not much fun, in my estimation.  (Voices whisper "if it's not fun, why do it?").

The mindless pressure should be examined and judged I think.  Mindlessness is never good.

I see the beauty of traditional decorations, but.  I think I get the draw of the big family feast, pulling the tribe together, right before facing winter.  So traditional. So comforting.

It's too big of a job in this messy little house.  There won't be anyone but we three, the Bird, the girl and p.  I think I will try to locate a nice Chinese restaurant.  Just go and be relaxed and thankful and festive in our own way.  It will be a new way this year.  We always did the whole shebang before.  But, if it's not fun, why do it? 

You turkeys are so so safe from me this year!

                                                              ✡✡✡

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year