Sunday, November 20, 2022

I Find It Really Exciting That I DON'T Have Any Idea!


 For when I might have the idea that I should already know what Heaven, or the Hereafter shall be like.


9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Also:

Isaiah 64:4 (KJV) For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
✰πŸ”―✰
These thoughts were forshadowed for me a bit when I was preparing for my big trip to Israel so many years ago now.  My fear was that I would find this place, above all other places, to be shabby and disappointing.  I was afraid to find it was just another tourist trap.  And there was that aspect.  What could I reasonably have expected?  It's been a tourist trap/destination for hundreds and hundreds of years.
But instead, it was wonderful and real and epic in ways that I could not have truly forecast.

I believe that it's possible to think of Eternity like that, to fear it. We see these silly images of haloed figures on clouds with harps.  Right.
We might fear that "voices echo, this is what salvation must be like after a while..".

Those verses up there at the top say to me that I have no idea.  So stop worrying about it.  The child in the womb has no idea.  We have no idea.  We do have our instructions though and formulating a picture of Heaven is not in the order.
It makes me really happy that it will be such that my little head just can't imagine it.  That sounds really really encouraging!
πŸ’“
Oh, the graphic up there is my rather hysterical handwriting to myself, when I figured out what I wanted to touch on tonight.  lol. I can actually read it!




He that is unrighteous, let him do unrighteousness still: and he that is filthy, let him be made filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him do righteousness still: and he that is holy, let him be made holy still.
Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right to come to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.
-Rev. 22:11; 14


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year