Monday, October 31, 2022

Beware The Shapeshifter And The Changling


               Two Factors are at Play here.  Fun and Dread!

Why do we love to dress up as someone else?  Maybe all play has elements of pretend.  I think so.  I have watched children playing.  We all have.  Even ravens spoof each other and other creatures.

Is it a lie or is it Memorex?  Is it taking leave of mundane existence for a bit.  I have done it, at other times from Halloween.  For years I had a black clown nose that I wore from time to time.  Just felt like it.  When I was still in college, I wore little painted designs on my forehead.  Well, I was an art major after all.  Later, at a party at my old art prof's place I appeared as a tart, with baby at the breast.  Yep.  Had to have a costume with access you know?

I think now'days among adults its just a party gimmick mostly.  At that same party a guy showed up completely covered in aluminum foil.  Crinkled when he walked!  I like to see a costume that is clever without being overworked.

This, however, is my ex-son in law, Joe. lol  We love him.

💗

Now, for that other thing.  The Changer, the Shifter, the Skinwalker, the Werewolf....maybe even Sasquatch himself!

I assume we've all seen The Thing!  Ewwww!  Scary!  The old one is the worst.  Based on a story called Who Goes There?

Do we seriously believe there are such things?  All through the centuries of written record man has reported sightings of occult and cryptic creatures.  Does a modern person have a way to judge this sort of information, or is it from the time when mere assertion was enough to qualify a tale?  (It seems to me, btw, that mere assertion is pretty powerful out in the crazy world now, but I digress.)

Is this dread a tacit acknowledgement of that first shapshifter who appeared to our earliest mother Eve as a serpent?

I had a compelling thought this morning at about 2AM.  What if the reason that the DNA they have collected from putative Bigfoot samples has human DNA in it because he is human but a Shapeshifter when he wants to be.  Perhaps, maybe, if you will, Sasquatch walks among us in the daytime.  Maybe he drives taxis.  Maybe he is a DJ? Perhaps he is a rough  beautiful man with a compelling stare!

Look out!  Beware!  Who GOES there.......




Man, this last one will put the fear in ya!  

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year