Sunday, November 13, 2022

"Good Boys Don't Bite"


 I was just explaining to Willie the other day, after I was petting him and he got all catly and bit me, that good boys don't bite.
He explained to me that I have it all wrong.  He avers that he is neither good nor bad.  He is a cat.  His behavior is ineffable and always correct, for he understands his own beingness.
He eschews this sort of tomfoolery.  That's human nonsense.  He is a beast of another color.  
Man must struggle with should and should not, but surely this angel was sent with a message? What can I say, that love is not without pain?  It is what it is?  Some things are unknowable? Some things are just not about me, possibly?

Being the crown of creation separates us forever from our beastly cousins?
That Jordan Peterson is correct, that a good man is a dangerous man, who stays his hand, unless he needs to be dangerous?
I should leave it be.  Men are men and cats are cats.  (I mean of course, mankind including we femmes.)  And sometimes good boys do bite!
There really isn't any other song for this.




No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year