Monday, November 21, 2022

Monday! Recipe Day?

One thing I actually do like to cook, is soup.  I really like soup and could live on it.  I like to have soup for breakfast.  A nice bowl of warmed up leftover soup!

Last night I need to make something with boned, skinless chicken thighs because I had bought a huge tray of the stuff and had to parcel it out for the freezer and use some of it.

I had been thinking of potatoe/cream type soups.  So this is what I did.

I sliced up in quarter inch slices my last two slices of that very good hot sweet bacon.  Started that frying in my big enameled pot.

I cubed up four of the thighs into about one inch pieces and threw those in to cook and brown up some.

Then I chopped a medium sized red onion and tossed that in.  Letting it all carmelize a bit.  

Since it was chicken, and not fish, I used a bunch of Slap yo Mama cajun seasoning, some extra black pepper and what the heck, some Mexican style bouillion powder with the tomato in it.  Maybe a teaspoon of that.

Peeled and cubed six rather small russet potatoes.  Added enough water to cover all that stuff in the pan with the potatoes.  Once the spuds were about done I put in a can of sweet corn.  OK, made sure it was all done.  Checked for salt.

Last thing I do with chowder type soups is put in half&half cream to taste.  I like it pretty white and creamy.  Let it all get nice and hot.  It made a lot.  I had to adopt some of it out to GS and his SO.

That's it. I also like to make bread but that's a whole other story!  Would take more typing too!

💖💖💖

 So, I was wondering if you guys would like to share a recipe or method to make something you like to make?  I am all ears, er, eyes!

Seriously, I love Pho' to distraction, but its too much trouble to make at home correctly.  Head on out to your local Vietnamese cafe'!  It's the only way. But don't mess up.  There could be a Vietnamese Pho' nazi!
                                                  MEOW!
I must add Korean tofu soup with all the pickles, and rice!  It's been too long.  Gotta go!!
It comes to table in a smoking hot stone bowl.  Pretty neat.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year