Sunday, November 6, 2022

How Raven Lost And Found His Love


 Once I heard Raven talking right here at home.

He chuckled in his deep voice up in my neighbor's tallest tree.  Hello there deep talker.  Why are you here today?  Where are my chatty crows and all the little tits and sparrows?

Says Raven they are quiet for I am here speaking.

I should add that I am Otter for I had the unbidden totemic dream and I know.  For what its worth.

Says Raven, I have been dreaming again.  Would you like to hear?

Says Otter:  Tell me!

I dream that I am alone.  I dream my love has gone but I know not whether she is dead or I have lost her love.  I search among the tallest trees from Tlingit, even over to Makah, and now at Tulalip.  I have carried meat for her for many sorrowing wing beats.

Oh Broken Heart, says Otter.  Foolish Lover.  Look behind you.  Your Love never left you.  There where the sun is brightest.  See her there.  Where the trees are thickest in the deepest forest.  Stop your dreaming.  She is here.

So she was.  And all went as before in the nation of the Raven.



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year