Friday, October 28, 2022

Magical Agents Of Transformation

We Modern Princesses and Power Matrons understand this all too well! 

This is a rather rude video.  Just a warning.

As we know Dorothy's Ruby slippers moved her through space and time, for there's no place like home.

Cinderella's glass slippers transformed her into a fine lady, a suitable consort for a prince.  Goodness knows what those could have looked like.  And imagine dancing until midnight in them.  Still, a girl's got to to what a girl's got to do!

I always imagined them as clear white glass, but maybe not!

Shoes are an essential part of the language of dress.  I don't even mean official fashion.  Everything we wear tells the world who we are and what we are about.  From the finest of the fine to your regular everyday duds.

What good would it do to have most extreme fantastic drop dead gown without the killer shoes to go with?
Where would you be in your perfect suit without the subtlest and most costly of shoes?  
For shoes do indicate worth and status and attitude. This attitude thing is interesting.  Untied laces on some big name tennies make a statement of insouciance.  "Look at me, I am so cool. I don't even care."  The forms of this sort of thing are myriad.

Shoes can change me into anything I want to portray. Nothing could be finer than custom handmade shoes.  What does that say to the world?  I am here.  I am unique.  I make fashion my own.  Hear me roar?  Well, maybe.

I remember with longing, for I don't remember what became of them, a certain pair of moss green suede Berkies, monk style sandals.  Oh my goodness.  From the days of my strength as a young Mama Lion, the very early 70s.  You can't even find a picture of that style online anymore.  
Then there were the negative heel earth shoes.  Nothing could turn you into a sort of "hippie" like those things.
So here's to the shoemaker's art.  A fine thing it is.  A lot could be said for the magical little shoemakers in legend and myth.  Change-makers?  Yes.
Even shoe repairmen have a bit of something about them.  Once I took a pair of lady's riding boots into a local shop for repair.  The man was so inspired by my boots that he grabbed both of my hands earnestly!  Well!  What to make of that?
lol...

I think you men like your shoes too, but maybe not as much.  What do you think?


PS, Red is Best!

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year