Sunday, October 16, 2022

A Thousand And One Mornings



As I was driving home today through the yellow Turner smoke and haze I began to be amused by the idea of my little endeavor here as a kind of Thousand and One Nights...though its usually mornings.
   No one is going to execute me if I fail to get up at some dark hour and dream up a little bit of prose, but I feel a great urgency until the little job is done.
   Isn't that the story, the girl's life is to be spared if she can tell a story to stave off her death every night?
   Actually I think the comments are the meat of the thing and the part that I love the best.  I am continually touched that anyone bothers to come and visit for a bit.
   I think its almost miraculous that we can do this.  Maybe this whole paradigm won't even last for a thousand mornings/nights.  We just don't know, but its swell fun.  And maybe the being in touch helps somehow.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year