Tuesday, October 11, 2022

YOU'LL NEVER SLEEP ALONE


                             IF YOU HAVE CATS!                            


 All of your sleeping will be attended by lions, for lions they are, though small.  

It feels fitting and comfy, in all my nappings to be surrounded by my beasts.  Its almost medieval or maybe even tribal.  One of the complaints of Merlin, in Lewis' "That Hideous Strength"  was how the modern people of the time had him sleep alone in a room with no attendants.  

Now this is not always serene.  While we are both sleeping, the fat one wedges himself up above my pillow, lest somehow I get away from him while he is not watching.  The crazy one pounces and kneads and paws and zips around until at last she finds a place to settle.

Especially if I am not well, it helps to have them there breathing and warm and watching.  I'm not sure what they plan on doing if anything goes wrong, but boy, they're ready.

Back a few years, there was the lady wolf. She was a whole different mentality.  She watched out during the night from under the bed.  



***
As a complete aside, I haven't checked yet, it just occurred to me this morning that the term rap as in rap music, has to have come from the word rhapsody.  Don't you think so?   Perhaps that was obvious to everyone but me!

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year