Saturday, October 22, 2022

A Post by Contributor Nana and A Question

 What did you want to become when you grew up? There were a few things I thought would be cool, but being lazy, procrastinating and a scaredy cat, there was no crown for the ‘queen of the world’, no Pulizer, no opera career, no saving the world of sick and injured animals. 


Well, I did become a few ‘whats’ - mom, wife, nana, friend - but I discovered I didn’t have what it would take to put in the time, work and practice to become any of those other things. Having talent, and/or desire, wasn’t enough, just kept doing whatever was “easy”. 


Then, I became a ‘who’. One of my two precious boys gave me a daughter (in-law) who I love to pieces, and then - my Grandgirl! She’s the Love of my life, the Sun in my sky, my Heart. So, I’m called nana. But I’m not just a ‘what’, I’m a “Who” (nana, nana”, love the sound of that voice), and as I "grew up" I became a fairly good wife (now widow), a pretty good mom, friend, sister, fantastic nana of course  :-), so the ‘what’ and the ‘who’ kinda melded together, no degrees required. I sing (as does the Grandgirl). I kinda string a few words and sentences together (thanks, pbird, for letting me try that out), and my Pulitzer is a cute little yellow chickie. :-) I could have been a ‘what’ if I’d put my mind to it, and there's not a thing wrong with being a ‘what’, we need those ‘whats’ and not everyone can be one. But I’ve finally stopped thinking of myself as a failure, cause becoming a WHO is what I’ve actually ‘grown up’ to be, what I was meant to be, what we’re all meant to be, and it’s all good. 

***

My question is did you plan your future, did you end up where you thought you would?

How would you define success at this point in life?

What is most important now?


 How did it all work out?


***

I should mention that the nosy questions are my nosy questions. pb

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year