Monday, July 18, 2022

The Things That Remain

 This morning the theme I was given was "the things that remain".  OK.  I better look it up and see where that common phrase comes from.

Well, it comes from Revelations 3.

1“To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of the One who holds the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation for being alive, yet you are dead. 2 Wake up and strengthen what remains, which was about to die; for I have found your deeds incomplete in the sight of My God. 3Remember, then, what you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know the hour when I will come upon you.…


A serious message, and I sure think its appropriate for the American church.

PS, I am totally fascinated by the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars.  I am surprised to notice that I had not really pondered those words before.  

All of these transcendent images are objects of wonderment.  I do wonder.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year