Thursday, July 14, 2022

Why Is There Beauty And Why Do We Know It When We See It?

Last night we were watching the old, 1996, French documentary film, Microcosmos again.  I have seen it many times because when the grandchildren were here and it was nap time I would put the film on to settle them on the sofa.  Out like little lights they were.  I wonder if they ever saw the whole thing! lol!


I started musing on how beautifully it was photographed.  I thought, how do I know this? Also, what is the function of all the loveliness we experience, or even create ourselves.

It seems to be that as sovereign individuals in this mystical experience of existence, that we are allowed choice by our Creator Father.  It has to do with something very basic.

Now, the enemies of this state of mind, the Left or whatever we might call them, contend against choice for us peons.  They hate individuality.  Its not fair.  

I think also, that there is hatred of God in it.  He made all this stuff.  It is not equally distributed and that's not fair! 

I do wonder about a world where all girls were equally beautiful.  Would anyone notice? Would it have any meaning?  This gets a little scary.  Maybe hierarchies are required for meaning.  OK.  I'll stay away from that for a while.

The film is very much worth an hour and a half.

All this is meant to instigate conversation.  What say you?

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year