Sunday, July 10, 2022

In The Light Of Visual Disturbance


 I noticed on my drive home from the mountains yesterday that I have some new little friends.  They live just at the edges of my vision, like flecks of black ash flying up from a fire.

Or sometimes they are like an insect seen from the corner of the eye.  Always originating on the left.

This morning in the dark it was briefly like sparks.  Just a couple of them.  I know I am supposed to get excited about this sort of thing and fly to the doctor.  But I have to put it down to too much bright light and being too tired.  

Visual disturbances do get me thinking about the nature of physical reality and the relationship what I see on my little wetware monitor has to what is actually there. Sight is a miracle anyhow.

I have often thought that I was just a creature of sight mostly, with a working set of hands.  I try to imagine a different type of existence and its ah, pretty alien.  So today is a good day to rest the eyes.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year