Thursday, July 7, 2022

Why Was There Mercury, The Car Of Mystery?


 It looks pretty much like this.  I have no idea what year it is.  Its a loaner the shop gave us while they fix my clutch on the Honda.  Upon a moment's research, I find that they quit making them in 2010, the very last one being built in 2011.

I was always mystified by the line.  Who drives a Mercury, and why.  They are so boring as to be stealth.  In fact I thought perhaps the FBI maybe drove them.  Ha, Fox Mulder in Mercury!  In fact in 2010 in Raleigh NC, I rented one.  I didn't mean to, but I just couldn't go through that line again to get something different.  It was huge.  It was white and the deal clincher was the AC.  Man, that was a cold car with the air blowing and we were there in the summer heat.  So I decided I could bear the ignominy of driving a huge white deep freeze of a car, a Mercury.

It was a good thing, it turns out.  Comfy and boring.  Nice and cold.  That was a weird road trip anyhow.  That's the year we got shot at.  NO lie.  I often take a wee nap in the middle of a day's driving, parking in some out of way place and snoozing for 15 minutes.  Well, some critter didn't like us parked at the edge of his field.  Whatever!

Turns out there was a pickup too, though not sold in the US.



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year