Friday, December 9, 2022

What Makes A Really Good Bad Movie?

 Since the subject has come up several times!

I wondered if some of you influencers and content contributors could give me some thoughts on what makes a truly enjoyable awful movie.  What are YOU looking for in regrettable entertainment?  I know one thing you and I don't want is a snooze-fest.  Snowbeast could have put a tweaker to sleep.  It did put Willie, the cat, to sleep during the most fraught action.

Related question: why do we watch awful movies for fun?  Surely it's not self-torture.

✫✫✫ My very favorite cheesy actor to pick on is good old Victor Mature, in one of his many hilarious costumes.

But wasn't The Robe at one time considered a really serious movie almost?  Maybe it gets points for subject matter. Maybe I will take a stab at watching it tonight, just to make sure. I think I saw it once when a teenager.
That man was in a LOT of movies.  You could make a pretty good hobby out of watching them.  Shudder.
Some content to prime the pumps!
Hey, I liked Pitch Black!  It was awful!


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year