Sunday, December 25, 2022

The Gift Of The Magi, A Christmas Story


 



William Sydney Porter (September 11, 1862 – June 5, 1910), better known by his pen name O. Henry, was an American writer known primarily for his short stories, though he also wrote poetry and non-fiction. His works include "The Gift of the Magi", "The Duplicity of Hargraves", and "The Ransom of Red Chief", as well as the novel Cabbages and Kings. Porter's stories are known for their naturalist observations, witty narration and surprise endings.

Porter's legacy includes the O. Henry Award, an annual prize awarded to outstanding short stories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._Henry
💝
Today, in honor of foolish loving hearts and in the spirit of sacrificial gift-giving, I thought it would be nice to bring to you this old well-loved short story.
(maybe a bit like this)

As usual, please forgive the inexpert reading and video making.  Some day I will be better at this.  But going on the theory that showing up is the way to improve, here it is.  I do enjoy it.

I imagine everyone will be busy or not around much today, but I wish to express my prayer that you all have the loveliest of Christmases, however you spend the day.  I expect to see a few of the family dropping in here.  No big deal this year.  

So!   Merry Christmas!   my friends.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year