Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Oh Woe Is Me- It's Christmas Time Again

Well, right on schedule, here I am again. It's Christmas Season.  I am so not prepared.  Typical.  I have no Christmas cards.  I have no idea where the fake Christmas tree is.  Heck, it could be in a landfill somewhere.  One of my kids who helps me around the house sometimes feels that the tree and in fact the whole deal are indulging in idolatry and paganism.  She can be like that.  She tried to put my tree stand for real trees out for garbage pickup three times.  I think I finally won.  I don't think it's really paganism.  To me it's mostly a cultural celebration loosely associated with the birth of Jesus.

I don't actually worship the tree, dear daughter.

 
Did you ever notice how those fields of Christmas trees look slightly sinister, like they might start marching towards you?  I might have seen too many old fashioned cartoons, now that I think on it.  But, honestly, they look military!  I am mightily reminded of Gettysburg!
Tis the season to make Jeff Bezos a lot of money.  Or just write a bunch of checks.  That's not much fun.  But no one in the tribe is a small child.  How do I know what a 17 year old male robot designer wants, besides money that is?
Ideally I just wish all who were interested would drop by for finger foods and to hang out for a while under the multi-colored lights I will probably string all over the living room.  I like the cantina-like effect much.
I pray that all of you are not foolish like me.  I hope you planned ahead and had a lovely time decorating your tidy, lovely homes.  I hope your cards are all written or getting there.  I hope your fruitcakes are soaking up the rum in secret tins in the pantry and that your fine dinner is planned and ready to go off without a hitch. I hope you have nice Church services to enjoy, if such is your desire.
God bless you all, as we proceed together through the waning days of 2022.  It was an astounding and highly fraught year.  I want to be one of the first to petition Almighty God in the matter of 2023.  Have mercy upon us Lord.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year