Sunday, January 15, 2023

This Must Have Been The Place


 Someone else's shot of The Mountain
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's hard to believe, but I have lived here in the good old PNW for 70 years.  We landed here in 1953, in the beginning of the storied 50s.  
   As I drive around, many locations have a personal story attached to them.  Some are happy stories.  Some are weary old tales better left alone.  Some places I inhabited for decades, some a few months.
   I begin to perceive it as a kind of very large diorama, or maybe like a great big Chinese landscape with no perspective, so that you can see it all at once at the same level of revelation.
   Maybe it would have been good to leave the area.  Maybe I have been here too long....too many reminders.  Maybe it's always like this when you get up a few years.  The past is right there, everywhere I look.

   My parents are gone, and one sister.  There are only three of us left. It's a little bit lonely being the oldest generation of us alive, except for the one aunt.  A sort of buffer against time is missing.
   I feel like I have learned serious lessons in all the busyness of living.  I think it is rounding up pretty well, give or take.

   I wanted to say thanks.  You readers and commenters are very real to me, though I only know you on this monitor for the most part.  I have met Fifi!  You guys are the best.
You have helped me far more than you know and I dare say I loves ya'all.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year