Sunday, January 29, 2023

If You Had To Pick, Who Was Your Most Beloved Pet?

Now, as everyone knows, back a few years ago, I had a friend who was 7/8th wolf.  I loved her dearly and she understood me pretty darn well and had my number.  We were guilty of some shenanigans together and had a great time.  I shall always miss her.  She was a nut.


Oh, but for love, it was Henry, my cat.  He was born right upstairs in this very house, to a very interesting kitty with a strange tan speckled coat.  Henry came out looking more like a regular tabby, but his back fur was neither spotted nor striped.  It was tweed!  
He was a beautiful imperious bastard in his way, but utterly charming to me.

I knew him from the day of his birth until he died in my arms at Diamond Veterinary Clinic here in town.  Before he was two years old he caught that awful cat thing that destroys their gut.  It must be the extreme frustration of not being able to save or comfort, but I cried like a fool getting out of that place.  They let us out the back door so as not to upset the other patrons I think.

We were very close always.  My grandson named him Henry btw.  He's just napping on me here.



It's tempting to think he is somewhere still, full of stars.
I know we all have some dear creature we still think of.  It would be nice to hear about some of them.






No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year