Saturday, January 7, 2023

Pizza Moon Rising

 This is a puff piece about a pie. 

At one time in the recent past I was heard to intone that the most common food of mankind must be chickens and rice.  More or less, depending. Wrong-o!  Apparently, it's pizza.
I follow a guy's Tumblr postings and I swear that 20% of what he posts is photos of various permutations of the immutable pie.  

OK, one of my thoughts on pizza.  Good grief, do we really need that many pizza joints, like they  have back east?  I have driven around New Jersey and such places.  I tell you that I have seen city blocks with 4 or 5 pizza cafes on the one block. And people think we here are funny for having all these coffee spots!  Coffee is serious business here.

Just to check it out, DD and I bought some pizza at various outlets on one of our road trips back east and it's all different.  There actually are good reasons for the variety of shops.  I was amused to see chain type places represented also, right in with the small one off pizza places.  Dominoes, for sooth!  I suppose people have their favorites, much as I prefer espresso from the place on 41st, even though it looks like a dump. It's supposed to look like a dump!  That's how we know they are legit.

Now, western wetside WA is a foodie world.  I have had pizza in Verona, Italy and it was no better or any more authentic than ours.  People seem to take it as a challenge to make the most interesting and artistic pizza, up to foodie standards.

One place in Seattle's University area is manned by a bunch of Italian men from New York.  I wonder how they like it here! lol.  The pizza is very good. 

I myself, have made rather a lot of pizzas.  There is a lot of latitude for creativity here.  Ahem.  I call it decorated bread actually.  Anything goes.  One place in town here even makes Thai pizza, Mexican pizza, Reuben pizza....you get the idea.  Daughter and I never get to order the weird ones because the old man is a traditionalist.  Sigh.

So bless your little hearts pizza fiends.  It's a big pizza world out there.  All the way up from Dominoes and Pizza Hut, to Chef Chico Rocco Bertinelli's ultimate pie heaven!

See, he just posted another one!




No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year