Tuesday, January 10, 2023

MORE or LESS-DEPENDING

 Last night, before signing off, Neithan said:

So, I was watching one of those WWII documentaries and they were going on about this and that, but the cheering crowds were mostly made of women. Unmarried women (mostly). It reminded me of the statistics of the population that supported Der Furer, mostly women.

Which got me thinking about collectives and who sort of forms them. Like dust in a cloud clumping together to form little blobs of mass, not the gravity wells of larger bodies, it seems collectives evolve out of communities. Communities created by women. Because it's women who create communities. Like a heard of elephants, lead by a matriarch.

Blah Blah Blah . . .

And something about men tend toward individualism and women tend toward collectives. It was one of those 3:00 a.m. thoughts that seemed so clear at the time, but not so much upon reflection. Too many examples that contradict the thesis come to mind.
➻➻➻
So, it happens that I have thought about men and women a lot over the years.  The song I picked is kind of a sad joke.
It's interesting to me that he sees women as tending to form collectives.  When I look at the crowds of women cheering the latest strongman, I don't think that type of woman is thinking of teaming up with the other women in the group.  I believe that each one feels herself to be in a symbolic relationship with the hero.  The fact that they are standing together does not equate to collective.  This is my fuzzy opinion.  It's never absolute.

Politically, we may see unmated women working toward common goals.  I still think this is just pragmatism in action.

In a normal marriage or whatever, a woman is generally a warrior for her own family.  The word is not carelessly chosen.  She will have amiable relationships and maybe even close friendships with some other women in close affinity groups, ie. school friends, relatives, work buddies.  But when it comes down to it all other considerations pale before her family blood group, primarily her children.  

Now, it is true, that a close connection to the Almighty will broaden her perspectives to include humanity in general.  Her mercy will spread out to others.

Women are not kidding around.  I feel that we are resolute, we have an imperative in operation that we sometimes don't even recognize.  Many young women do not recognize this at all and are easily led astray to imagine a fantasy.  Hard for me to quantify that fantasy, as it's foreign to me.  It could be just that "we don't need or want men or children".  Why not just kill her, may as well.  She will have been made into a dead end.
πŸ’€
Women tend to be highly functioning, but in the middle of the bell curve.  Reproduction, to be successful, requires this. Men are all over the landscape.  Most great thinkers and doers and inventors have been men.  There are lots of reasons for that besides mental ability.  Sometimes it's just that they have had the freedom to act, over the long years, that most women did not.  Men can be the most intelligent and then there are the losers of the world.  Often these are men also.

In a sense, I think, men are kidding.  Not really kidding.  But they tend to give each other grace.  Men are game players.  They have many symbolic activities, such as all those sports. They are competitive as hell...but still like it's a game.  It looks like gaming to a female warrior anyhow.  

We love men because they are graceful and kind, all things being good.  Their power should be a blessing, and it usually is.  I think men relate to each other in ways that are primarily a male group thing.  They really care for each other, and it is a good example to us killer cats. lol  However, should a man want surviving offspring, it's probably a good plan to set up housekeeping with a highly functioning killer cat.
Jesus told us to love God and our neighbor as ourselves.  There could be no better advise.  Doing that really, would get us over all the bumps we have with each other.

I'm not picking on you Neithan.  I thank you for the boost. It helped me to sort my thoughts a bit.

Now, it's up to you all to tell me where I am off the rails, if I am.  Or just tell me what you think about the subject.


Just because I am a hopeless foolish benighted romantic idiot.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year