Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Just One Little Idea Today


 I was just telling my youngest last Saturday that my little head
is full of nothing but a circle of little tweety birds!
See, there was something I could not remember!
This is not entirely true, and I will try to come to some sort of point.
*************************************
I have been thinking about the use of "I" language in the little things I have been writing.  My contention is that this is actually a modest usage, at least as I intend it.  I mean "merely my thought".  Merely.  I do not attempt to speak for anyone else, or from on high.  
   I suppose it might be possible to see it as if I am foisting my opinion as authoritative.  Not me! To me, it's like throwing leaves up in the air and seeing where the wind blows them.
   If I say "this is" it seems less modest to me. I could say "experts agree", and I guess if it fits that would work. Saying "it was a dark and stormy night" still implies that I think it is.  
Nibble Mouse trying to make sense.

Please Discuss?
"I can handle criticism."

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year