Wednesday, January 25, 2023

It's Not Real Until The Paint Dries


Mostly an Open Thread


In all my years laying down paint on a surface, I noticed a funny thing.  No painting has authority and solidity to me until it has dried and I can run my hands over it.  All the fuss is over and it has become a thing of its own.  All my volition is over then.  Of course, when I work on one with many layers of paint this happens over and over.

I have to sit with it then, and decide what's next.  I have been looking at this golden sea/sky thing for quite a while.  It's new to me to take time with a painting and let it develop organically over time.  I am getting close to being done with it.  

Just like with writing now'days, I am getting a little bit better at hitting what I am shooting at.  That's a nice feeling.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year