Monday, September 12, 2022

The Word Becomes Flesh When We Memorize It

All y'all know how I love words.  Heh.  Well I have been thinking on the process of materializing words.  If that's the way to put it.

It works going in and going out.  If we say a thing, say a prayer or a verse it becomes realer to us.  It solidifies it.  If you commit a bit of text to memory, saying it out loud it becomes part of you.  If you say your prayers out loud, well, the devil hears them and scampers away,  but also you hear them and they become more than misty formless thoughts that don't involve your investment in their meaning.

It can work inter-personally too, if I think "I love you" all day.  Well, there's no investment there.  Still hedging bets in a way.  But, if I say audibly "I love you", boy that's an investment and a real vulnerability.

And yet, I must laugh a bit here.  The nature of web-logging is the most ephemeral of written words.  Electronic ghosts on a monitor screen.  

I do say the things I write as I write them to see if they make sense, to see if I mean them, to try not to fudge.

The funny things is, the words that I wrote just now, are similar to, but not exactly what I was thinking of saying.  But, there they are.  They have their own existence now.

At the same time, I am using solid, flesh and materiel as shorthand terms.  Because we don't have words to reflect the physics of real reality.  So bear with me.  lol

                                                  photographer, Patrick Simon

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year