Monday, September 19, 2022

Have You Ever Been Lost?

* Today's post courtesy of nanasbananas. *




💗💙💚


Have you ever been lost? I mean really, physically lost. Not somewhere in the deep recesses of your mind (I'm in that place a lot which is a whole other story), but getting yourself stuck somewhere and getting turned around and losing your way back?

As kids, my siblings and I roamed our peninsula a lot, and we went everywhere we could get to by foot or bicycle. We likely ended up in places we shouldn't have, too, and did a lot of spying, but I won't tell. But we always found our way home again (sorry, mom lol).  😀

Then one day, for some reason I started climbing this hill or mound to wherever, thickly covered with bushes almost as tall as I was (I've always been a shorty). Couldn't even see where I was stepping, let alone where I had started. Got to the top and then - yikes, how do I get down from here?! Couldn't see where I was the brush was so thick, and no one heard me yelling for help. The more I panicked, the more lost I was, til I finally calmed down and took a look. Good grief, I hadn't even gone very far and the bottom was right there all along!

Maybe sometimes those deep recesses of our minds are like that hill? We get in there and we get turned around and lost and can't find our way back, til we calm down and just look. The path was right there, we just couldn't see it at first til the 'light' went on and showed the way.


💗💙💚

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year