Friday, September 16, 2022

So Outta Here...well tomorrow!


 shot taken in Monument Valley, Utah, USA!


πŸ‘ΆπŸ’“πŸ‘Ά
Long ago, somewhere between then and now, I imagined the ideal form of life to be having a lot of money and a car, no home.  I might have watched too much Route 66, the tv show.  I just wanted to move, drive, have no place, but all places and just rent a room at night. 
   Well, life happens and it caught up with me too.  Loosely quoting Zorba, man, house, kids, the full catastrophe.
   There is a certain counting of the cost when preparing for one of these journeys.  I know there will be things worth seeing and doing, that I will  place in my memory's hoard, right?  But there is an element of exhaustion too.  Lots of driving, finding meals, unfamiliar beds and dealing with unfamiliar people.  Its a good thing.  It shakes me loose, tired, but loose.
   The other end of the thing is getting home, getting rid of the rental car, getting picked up at Enterprise by the Bird, dragging all that stuff back in the house and getting in my own bed for a while.  
   The end and the beginning roll together like that famous snake.
But, man, do I love it!  The sweep of the land, just the speed, the moving scene.  Visual bathing in America!

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year