Thursday, September 15, 2022

The Nature Of Mother Nature And All Those Human Doubts


 Peevishly enough, I have a pet peeve.  

It is the misuse of the term Mother Nature.  People use it for the planet, the weather and the way things go in the natural world.

I went and checked and the whole first page of links tell me that starting with the Greeks nature was personified as a mother figure.

I contend that this is a recent development.  I know that I have seen the term used way way back for basically the human nature a person is born with, that they inherit from their mother. IOW human nature or even original sin almost.

Naturally, that must come from the woman. lol

There, now I feel better.




                      As always, refutation is welcome.  I could be crazy. 

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year