Thursday, April 27, 2023

You're Gonna Need Your Bongos For This One

 




It’s Blue out there.


Let me tell you a tale of blue.  It will sound like everything is blue. But not me.  I am less blue all the time.

“My momma done told me…about the blues in the night…”

“I’m blue..daba dee, etc…”

At some point long ago, I reasoned out that the background color of existence was a nice sky blue.  Some see the black of space, but I figured that it was blue out there.

Every gift I can think of from my momma in the last few years of her life was blue. Predictable as sunrise. She had a real thing about it.  The dishes I inherited from her have a navy-blue stripe around the edge. Blue towels, blue blanket.

Blue jeans.  An absolute.  

Blue berries.  The best.

That blue Mustang I got to drive around back east.  A little boy’s dream blue. Bluer than a robin’s egg. Yes. “As I remember, your eyes were bluer than robin's eggs." Joan B.


Blue can be a downer.  I have noticed that I am not inclined to visit stores that have blue lettered neon signs. Sears.

The blue hour.  Just before dark. Into the blue.  One of those bottomless blue holes.

A nice blue pickup.



A blue planet.




Blue pigment.  Precious and rare, when made of stones.

A blue sky.

Now, I'm searching for the blue of ambient sounds. It's out there.



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year