Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Brand Naming Stuff-Open Thread, But They All Are!


(a guy we knew did some arty Polaroids for me with youngest modeling. The imperfections are intentional.)


As you know, naming stuff is one of my deals. 

One of the things I used to do for fun is name imaginary companies, and make up some paper work and tease people with imaginary mailings and bills.  The first one of those was the Glydden Moon Madness Factory.  It did not purport to represent any particular product or products. Another one was Savage Chapeau. I thought that was pretty good.  My French was not so good.  

Before caller ID, I also liked to call people and tell them I represented such and such and try to engage them in conversation.  It usually did not work very well, but I never got yelled at, which is amazing.

Back on the Res. I started a little knitwear company, which did have products.  I even had a little catalog of designs that I printed and would provide to interested parties and I did do some custom knitting for actual living customers.  It was called Rainy County Knitwear.  When I named it I was thinking of the kind of almost silence you hear in a forest when it's raining just a little.

One of my sweater designs, btw.

and another one:

You get the idea.  That's why I had a thousand labels made!  So many labels.

I have cycled around a few years, but I just got an idea for a really good brand name for a knitted product.

Blue Chullo

I think I might just like to do that.  What could it hurt!?  What do you all think?

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year