Saturday, April 29, 2023

A Funny Thing

 

A funny thing happened on the way to today.

I began this weblog in a spirit of fun and adventure.  I had no idea what would happen if anything at all.  Very early posts amaze me with their brevity, mostly.  A picture.  A sentence.  The things I didn’t know about how to make a post!

As the months went by, I kept trying to write a little bit about a variety of things.  I didn’t have any experience writing prose.  I have always written rather terse poetry.  It was a new experience trying to seize upon my thoughts and nail them down in some sort of orderly way.  This was not natural.  Even in school they didn’t make us learn to write well at all.  They should have stressed it hard.  But they didn’t.

Having also not made my home-schooled kids write as much as I should have, I feel that I also dropped the ball.  This is probably one of the worst things to do when educating a child.  They must write, I now believe. 

I now believe that you must write, to learn how to think.  How about that? Anyone agree or disagree?  Thinking, on its own, is too amorphous.  When a kid must struggle through writing down their thoughts, it has a good effect on their thinking.  IMO, they become more logical.  Or else they write total nonsense, and the teacher must try to help.

So.  Though I have not written anything wonderful.  I have learned about the process some.  I figure maybe as well as a rather smart high school kid!

I guess I’ll just keep going.  I’ll try not to get too crazy, or too far out there in my experimental ozone zone!

I thank you for your patience and amiability! 

I do want to finish the two novels I am fiddling with!



Lol, naturally. How many songs are there about writing?

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year