Friday, April 7, 2023

Three Times Yesterday The Word "Awareness" Was Brought To My Attention

 That must be a hint, or a nudge.  


Definitions of awareness


noun state of elementary or undifferentiated consciousness
“the crash intruded on his awareness”synonyms:sentience
see more

noun the state of having knowledge of something
“he had no awareness of his mistakes”synonyms:cognisance, cognizance, consciousness, knowingness

Maybe what I was really thinking of could be called more like conciousness.

Oh dear, here I go.  I am always thinking about interfaces.  Interfaces are places of flow through between two different things.  They make possible that which would be impossible without an interface.  I might call them change agents, or just facilitators.

I was sitting on my little stool in the kitchen and staring at my environment like I had never seen it before.  It struck me that my ability to see, using my eyes and my brain was a pretty serious interface.  It makes understanding and action possible between my consciousness/awareness and the world of what we perceive as matter, and actually the whole world, period, matter or concept.  In fact, my whole experience of the world of sensation and solid stuff is actually a fruit of awareness, made possible by eyes and other parts of me, feeding information into my consciousness.  Of course, the interface that I possess must be open to just a tiny bit of existence, or perception would consume me alive.

Then there is the awareness of consciousness itself in the larger sense.  Pretty heavy, as they used to say back in the past, when something was profound and hard to discuss.

That old guy said "I think, therefore I am".  To me, his Latin phrase looks like it should be "I know things, therefore I am a knower and exist."  But what do I know about Latin?  Almost nothing.  I think maybe "I am aware, therefore I know that I exist." Maybe they really mean the same thing.












I tend to think of things in terms of what the Almighty was doing, if I can say that I understand that at all.  I think we have to say that consciousness, or awareness has to be a way that we are like our Heavenly Creator.  I am also starting to think that maybe awareness is situational, but that consciousness is more of a state of being.
  
I have no idea of the state of awareness of, say, my cats.  It's easy to 
anthropomorphize them.  They seem to be thinking creatures, but maybe not like we are.  I suppose this is why we are able to actually eat animals.  They may not be "there" in a sense.  I don't claim to know.  We can't ask them.  All we can do is love and comfort them, in whatever state of mind they have.

That's about it.  What a thing existence is!  What a thing to be able to perceive and know that we exist!  This is the kind of realization that keeps me into God.  There just isn't any other way.  Oh, maybe, we could say it just is, and there is no cause, but come on.....lol!  That's irrational, and irrationality is the enemy.

(I will be getting back to my knitting of a novel as soon as I figure a few things out and also, when I figure out how to get it all into one place at the same time.)


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year