Tuesday, August 9, 2022

First, I Lost My Glasses

 They like to slither away in the dark, under things.

I'm usually working on an idea, composing while I pretend to sleep.  Last night the only thing that came to me was "Is This For Real?"  

Living as we do here at the end of empire and facing the reaching tendrils of some frightening potential future, its a good question.

I feel, probably incorrectly, that we are really on our own this time.  On an earthy basis that is.  If you want your child educated, you better make sure it happens on your own, or actually teach him or her.  If you want safe medical care, you better make yourself something of an expert.  You better inform yourself before trusting the medical profession.  This has probably always been true, but we didn't know it.  Maybe that was just me.  

Genesis 18:24..26

…24What if there are fifty righteous ones in the city? Will You really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous ones who are there? 25Far be it from You to do such a thing— to kill the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Will not the Judge of all the earth do what is right?” 26So the LORD replied, “If I find fifty righteous ones within the city of Sodom, on their account I will spare the whole place.”…

I find that I do think of this old old story of arguing with the LORD.

So, I guess the deal is to remain salt and light in the world.


                                  Good Morning All!



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year