Monday, August 22, 2022

The Trip Of A Lifetime

I'm supposing that most of us have had a trip or vacation that was life changing.  Or more than one.  Mathmom probably gets the prize for actually living in exotic locations.

As an example, mine was the congregational pilgrimage to Israel that I was part of in 1988.  I  had never been out of the country before, except for Canada.  I was honestly a little afraid in my inner being, that it would turn out to be nothing much, a small disappointing country.  I wanted it to be mythic, mind blowing and grand.

Of all the trips, including travel to Europe and numerous road trips in the US, this was the important one.  I ended up saying that though Israel is small in landmass, its very very deep.  Its both the oldest tourist trap in the world, and the literal scenery of our most mythic thoughts.

What I was wondering is, would anyone like to tell a tale of the best trip ever?  Some experience of travel that is a treasure of memory?

I'm listening because I looove first hand reports of life on earth!!

PS, I don't have any photos from that trip because my camera was stolen in the plane on the ground in NYC.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year