Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Rethinking Thanksgiving-No Turkey

 I recognize in myself sometimes a childish sub-thought that the Creator of the Universe and every molecule I see wants his due in the form of my gratitude to him.


I have wondered how to hold onto joy.  It slips away.  I don't say happiness because that's a lesser more weather-like state.  But the joy that warms and feeds the soul seem so fragile and prone to being forgotten.

I wonder if our Creator who must surely love us like no other, made us to be thankful for our own good.  Perhaps the state of mindful thankfulness would preserve that little heater in the soul of sturdy daily joy?  His love, our thankful awareness and joy.

Perhaps that is the way it is, and he wants to be with us even on the most mundane of days and has in fact sent his representative.

So today I set myself the task of being, taking the very long view, not falling into the habit of thought where I grieve and fret.  I set those things down and I go out to play.



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year