Monday, June 10, 2024

Listening For The Tune



At dawn my lover comes to me

And tells me of her dreams

With no attempts to shovel the glimpse

Into the ditch of what each one means

At times I think there are no words

But these to tell what's true

And there are no truths outside the Gates of Eden

Dylan

 

    “With no attempts to shovel the glimpse into the ditch of what each one means.”

    I have pondered this line many times. It reminds me of some ideas that I have been working on, lazily.

    I will try to make sense of this. It has to do with naming, defining, judging, quantifying and so on. It has to do with me setting up perimeters, perhaps hastily.

    I feel sometimes like in my eagerness to express in a nutshell my understanding of some impression or other input, that I might be closing a door. I might be in a manner of speaking saying ok, got it, that’s it. But maybe if I didn’t close the door wonders would emerge?  I don’t know. It’s just a thought. I was thinking about the power of words in this respect.

    Maybe I shouldn’t be in such a hurry to define what I see. Hey, who am I to define anyhow? I probably only see part of the picture. Maybe it would be wise to do more waiting and watching? 

    Jesus never told me to explain reality to the world. He said to love God, and love my neighbor as well as I love myself. That's quite a plateful already.


🤍

Ecclesiastes 2:24
There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.








No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year