Thursday, June 8, 2023

Wanted To Say Something About Farmer Tans


 Most of the available photos were, to put it frankly, rather gay looking. Goodness.  I had no idea it was such a thing. These are not the farmers who live on in my memory.  

I wanted to include the farmer's wife and her deeply tanned V neckline.  No such photo. But she exists in memory, no doubt. I knew her.  She was my grandma and my aunties.  Sometimes they bothered with a hat.  Usually not.

It was not my life, but in the lives of my older relatives, it was the look.  The look of a working person.  Honest, even severe.  Their work left its mark on their bodies.

It's a bit like gym muscles versus real work muscles.  Looks different.

Every thing is different now.  Even farming has changed.  I see that the large equipment now has air conditioning and they use sunscreen too I bet.  Ah well.  It's better that way. Progress.

Even I used to have a brown left arm from hanging it out of the car window as I drove around.  I wonder why I don't do that anymore?




I couldn't find any farmer songs I could stand, so we get this one!

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year