Thursday, June 22, 2023

It Was A Birthday Gift


 Can you see who these characters are?  They are mostly recognizable I think, after a while.  

My older granddaughter drew it for her brother on the occasion of his 26th birthday. I think there is an element of mockery, and also a desire to be on topic with him. I think that is Stalin center, back of the table.  I can see Castro and Marx and Lenin. But, I suppose the one to the left of Stalin is Che. Mao next to him, far left.

She said it was meant to be like the dogs playing cards.  I see that there is a great deal of money represented.  She makes her point subtly, seems to me.  The guy on the left in front seems to be winning.  He seems to have a clown nose. I don't know, he must be Bernie Sanders.  Lenin has a mess on his knee.  I wonder what that means.  Maybe it refers to the mess he made of Russia?

Raising children is difficult and you never know how it will turn out.  Advising grandchildren is similar but different. I watch, pay attention, talk a lot, and pray. A grandparent's position is that of an almost neutral adviser.  I must think of the kid's welfare, not my precious opinion.

My girl would like to find work illustrating children's books.  I do wish she could.  She draws all the time anyhow!


The song choice is terribly obvious, but I couldn't think of a better one.



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year