LATEST RELEASE... 2/19/26... The Forest is Forever: No. 3 in The Collected Ralph Stories

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Just A Note, from Ralph, Himself

 


            Well, howdy, all! It’s been a busy summer here in the Great Forest. But now that the year is kind of rolling over, I’ve been thinking of you.
            In many ways it’s the most beautiful time of year. Up here, in the meadow everything is sort of golden. It’s too early for falling leaves, but you can tell it won’t be long. Soon the Alder Tree House will lose its leaves and look bare and different. There will be frost here in the Mt. B.S.N.F. Maybe not downhill, not yet anyhow.
            Flowers are going to seed, the grass has died back, and the berries, both black and red are all picked and eaten a while back.
            Down in the Home Clearing now, mornings come later, and we see some mist among the trees when the sun comes up. It feels good to gather close to Mona’s fire. And, there’s nothing like a cup of coffee with its steam rising up into the first sunbeams!
            I know some of you are still feeling the last very hot days of summer, but it will be over before you know it, even there. You might even end up missing some of that heat when winter comes.
            Ramona sends her love. She loves to hear about you guys, and she wishes you all well. She recommends soup making. She says it’s cheerful, and you end up with soup!
            Cherry says, “Hi!”
            Uncle Bob and Maurice are writing songs and doing fine. Maurice has a mystery on his hands. But I suppose we’ll hear more about that in the near future. He hasn’t had anymore weird visitors!
            Everything is quiet over at the river. Very quiet, except for the water.
            Maeve wants you to know, you know what! Yes. Evermore! When you think about it that’s pretty cool.
            OK, I learned a funny old word. Fantod. I pray that none of you fall victim to this aberrant mood disease! To me, it sounds like fleas in the heart. You don’t want fleas in your heart.
            It seems to me, and I have to do this too, that every moment of which you are aware carries within itself a choice. You know what it is. You don’t need me to tell you!
            Keep your chins up! We’re all in this together!
            I can’t write this stuff down, so you’ll have to take in on faith!
 
        
    Love, Ralph

                    🍁💚🍁

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year