Saturday, October 5, 2024

Courage For Cats

 


🐈🤍😸


        “You know, Toots, one of the things that I have to deal with around here, here in the house even, are the various threats,” mused Suzy. “You know how it is, a person who has seemed to be a friend will suddenly loom overhead and it’s battle stations!”

          “Oh, I agree,” messaged Toots. “One of my main disciplines is trying to remember that my gentleman has never done me a lick of harm!  But it’s hard. It goes against the grain. It’s not natural to be all ‘whatever’.”

          They both appeared to be napping. Yet, they were putting their hearts together on this issue of fear and courage.

          “The way I try to show courage,” added Suzy, “is by visiting my lady while she is sleeping or writing, whatever that is, she keeps saying that’s what she’s doing, but I think it might be just an excuse to keep me from walking on her arms.

          “While she or he, isn’t being scary I climb all over them. This is to teach me bravery.  I do it on purpose.”

          “It’s hard to change our basic nature, that which caused the coinage of the phrase ‘scaredy cat.’ I just about can’t sit still if he moves suddenly. But then, he will show up with treats and the right hairbrush and I melt.  I can’t help it,” sent Toots.

          “You know, Suzy, I think if we try we can get onto the wavelength of the Whole Deal Out There, and since they never actually do anything really really bad to us, except maybe some claw clipping sometimes, which I would hate, if he did it, and deal with some of this panic. What do you think dear?”

          “Well, OK, Toots, maybe it’s time for a Power-Purr™ for courage,” agreed Suzy. “I’m tired of being a scaredy cat, that’s true. It wears on ya, you know?”

          So, though it was not natural to be brave, they settled down for the night purring deeply in a sort of cat prayer, together. And the Whole Deal in All visited the two little petitioners.

          I suspect that we will have to wait to see how it works out in their every day lives. These  heart changes take time and application.  But it’s good to know that they are willing to have courage!  That’s the first step.


Speaking of steps!!


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year