Sunday, February 4, 2024

The Key To Nikky

 



This is a thinly disguised Open Thread for your Sunday. 


While I was driving around Saturday, I had some thoughts about this last small tale. My conclusions surprised me.

For the first time I think this one has a clear beginning, middle and end! I will demonstrate.

Beginning: Nikky introduces herself and describes her progress towards becoming an investigator as a profession. Then she is asked to investigate a situation for a real client.

Middle: She goes out into the field, meets her quarry, and is changed in the process. She learns some incontrovertible facts. She changes her mind.

End: She finds that she is interested in cooking after all for the right person and she re-approaches him.

Also, this is the first story that came to me complete. I think that is progress.

In a mythic sense, she goes into her quest as a kind of witch figure seeking hidden knowledge and higher power, almost.

But she finds out that there are things that are indeterminate, and she must live with that openness. Reality is not all hard facts. She must let some things be whatever they are. As they used to say, she must let go and let God, so to speak. 

She is changed. She re-examines her choices and changes course.

The last line is a broad hint. She messes up her cat’s fur, which he has been working on grooming, so that he must start again.

Thank you for indulging me!

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year