Thursday, November 23, 2023

Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving 2023

 

Amid all the fun of the day, the special preparations, the eventual tiredness, I want to take a moment to be rather serious. I was impressed with this psalm. It really lays it on the line.
I also think I should mention how grateful I am to know each of you.  You guys are swell!


DEAD SEA SCROLLS TEXTS

Psalm 8.

I thank you, O Lord.
You illumined my face by your covenant.
I seek you,
As sure as the dawn you appear as perfect light.

Teachers of lies have comforted your people
and now they stumble, foolishly.
They abhor themselves
and do not esteem me through whom your wonders
and powers are manifest.
They have banished me from my land like a bird
from its nest, and my friends
and neighbors are driven from me.
They think me a broken pot.
They preach lies. They are dissembling prophets.
They devise baseness against me,
exchanging your teaching, written in my heart,
for smooth words.
They deny knowledge to the thirsty
and force them to drink vinegar to cover up error.
They stumble through mad feasts,
but you, God, spurn the schemes of Belial.
Your wisdom prevails.
Your heart's meditation prevails, established forever.



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year