Thursday, March 16, 2023

Without Conjecture Where Would We Be?

 Now here is some conjecture for ya!

???????
___________________________________________________

a : inference formed without proof or sufficient evidence

b: a conclusion deduced by surmise or guesswork
The criminal's motive remains a matter of conjecture.

c: a proposition (as in mathematics) before it has been proved or disproved

*************************************************************

I think conjecture gets a bad rap. That's probably because stating a conjecture is not a good proof of anything.  However, it's the beginning of ideas in another way.

I believe that all experimentation and/or design begins with an idea, which does not begin by being provable.  What would happen if I did such and such? My desired result would be a conjecture.

So, it's a controlled form of guessing, with experimentation, in a way.

I'm not a scientist, but maybe a lower form of an engineer of sorts, a designer.  Everything I have ever designed started with a sort of guess or conjecture.  How about if I try such and such and see how that looks.  It doesn't always work out.  But how would I know if I didn't have a question in mind and try it?

I realize that I am indulging in the stretching of a definition. 😁


This guy is really good at conjecture also.  But his videos are fun to watch and think about.




No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year