Monday, March 13, 2023

Silent Ships With Bad Intentions

 

I was awakened at around 2AM.  Lying silently, with eyes open and listening intently, I wondered if it was the moving light and shadows playing across the walls and ceiling that had roused me. I sat up, alarmed now. Red and blue lights moved eerily around the room and even the floor. A shock of fear tightened my chest.

Henry sleeps through anything.  But not me.  When our son was an infant, he trained me to wake at the slightest sound. This was indeed a slight sound.  Almost nothing.  Lights. Moving west.

I decided to let him sleep, and put my feet on the floor, listening.  Still only in my cotton nighty, I walked in an unbelieving state to the front room and out the main door, trying to be quiet. Looking up.

Overhead, barely over the treetops I saw three dark airships moving silently, as if the sky itself were moving.  Against the dark clouds I could only see some lights and vague triangular shapes.  So very big. Appalled, I stood watching, frozen in place. They sailed ominously toward the west and the Sound in tight formation. Soon, very soon, they had silently passed over and headed toward Milltown.

I snapped out of my frozen state then, and ran on dewy wet feet back into the house and into the bedroom, shouting.  I grabbed my husband’s shoulder, shaking it and crying out, “Henry, wake up!” He rolled over and looked at me with startled eyes. “Something is going on and I don’t know what it is!”

We sat on the side of our old bed together, shivering, as I told him about the silent ships floating over, so low, just over the treetops. I had to assume they were from PSec.  But there was no way of knowing for sure about anything these days.  Wrapping a blanket around our shoulders, we just sat there for a long time. 

Our kitchen window faced west. So, finally, we went in there and stood watching to see if anything would happen at all.  You can’t see the town from here. We are about three miles out and there are trees and a slight rise in the way, plus the river.

It looked as if Milltown was on fire.


*************************

Now I have questions.

Where are Jen and Lou?

Does this have something to do with the NO party?

Whose are these ships?  

Anybody have any ideas?

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year