Friday, February 24, 2023

Prophecy With A Small p, Insight

 


John Singer Sargent, of course
⤆⤇



I thought this experience might be of some interest, so I will open it up a bit.

Everybody knows that prophecy is not only telling what is coming but also telling what is.  It's enlightenment.  

Yesterday, as I was walking from one room into another (good huh?) the Voice said to me "you treat your body like a side of beef".  Ah? I do?

What does that mean?  A side of beef is dead and meant to be consumed! It doesn't know or feel anything.  Recklessness certainly indicates a lack of respect.  Carelessness at the very least.  Well, I have messed up.

Being careless with the physical body doesn't make me more spiritual, even if for some reason I might have thought that.  It means that I am less spiritual because of my lack of appreciation for the magnificent biological machine I live in.  Things have not been in the right order in my mind.  

In a way, it's a kind of childishness.  Like I was in charge of a crying baby, I gave in to what she wanted and paid the price.  I wanted not to be thoughtful and act out of wisdom.  I was naturally strong and got away with this thoughtlessness for many years.

Will this change me?  I have yet to see, but I think it could because life is ordered by the mind.  I have been given a bit of enlightenment.

How should I treat Brother Ass?  Where does it fit in Creation?  Perhaps it is a kind of interface that needs to be kept in good running order.  The mind suffers when the body hurts too much and is weak.  

Also, destruction is the order of the day from the forces of evil out working in the world and I sure don't want to acquiesce to those forces! I should not roll over and let it happen on my small plantation.

Anyhow, that is what I have been thinking on today. Anybody have more to add or disagree with?  All ears, um, eyes!

*************************************************************************

Psalm 19

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year