Thursday, February 2, 2023

Do Ya Know Whatcha Know?


 A lot of the time when I am holding forth lecturing my dear old grandson, much of what I stress with him is that he really doesn't know about what is going on in the world.  This is an old theme with him and me.  I tell him he is very smart, but ignorant.  He can't help that.  In the sense I mean today, I think we are all more or less in the same boat.  We have lived a lot longer and have read more and watched more....but you have to think about where all this information comes from and how woefully incomplete it is.

But even more than that, all he really knows about is himself, right here and right now.  I am always ignoring politics and trying to impress upon him that is life is lived in the present and where he is.  He has a head full of political concepts and beliefs about what is real.

My contention is that what we think is going on in the world is a construct.  It's built of what we have been told, what we have read, what we have seen in video etc.  It may be a totally artificial artifact.

I'm pretty sure it is.  In a way it's not real.  It is a fantastically large collection of points of data, which we will never know about for sure, but which can be arranged in such a way as to create a narrative.

That's not fun at all.  Where's the enterprise in that Grandma?  It's boring old behave yourself decently and take care of local business.

These constructs, these handmade artifacts are tools used to control the masses if at all possible.  Now, do nice people want to control everyone?  No, Sam, they do not.  No matter what they said about suffering mankind.  

I will leave him be for the present about the idea of this construct being at enmity with the mind of God.

Now, I realize that I am picking up and handling things handled by many serious minds before, but in my rather basic way, it's what I have to do.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year