Sunday, February 12, 2023

Just Some Observations On A Certain Day

 I'm always ok out on the road.  I had good training and I have good reflexes.   For some reason the Almighty keeps me in little bubble of ok, even if tired.

However, today, out in the world moving around I had a sensation as if a big intake of breath had been taken, and that what I felt was the quiet part before the exhale.  The sun was out most of the day with some mistiness in the air up high.  I couldn't see The Mountain, as the horizon was white and cloudy, appropriately. I had a powerful feeling of portending, what?

When I go out among the people and look at them, I am filled with mostly pity. What a strange lot they are.  I am sure I am no better, come to think of it. Not very many are very pretty. Oh, the children are usually very nice, some of the young souls are quite nice looking.  But I see so much dullness, sadness, anger, deceitfulness and just plain ugliness.  Very seldom does anyone meet my eyes.

I worry about us, mankind.  Maybe I was extra tired today.  In what I was seeing I saw no outward reason for hope.  And this was in a relatively prosperous and normal part of the world!

But, this is the same world that Jesus saw, and he had mercy and pity for the odd lot that we are, and he continues to.  I know that.  

So, what can I do, but hang in there, temper sorrow with love for the little center inside almost everybody that is tired, lonely, sorry and sad, and looking for a reason to go on.

It may not be wise to post such a bummer.  So here are some nice flowers.


I know that in the long run it's all going to be very very good.  Yes it is.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year