“It’s good to catch up with each other, and give the readers a gentle heads up,” added Toots.
“This IS the MEOW, after all,” said Suzy. “Do you have news, Toots?”
“Well, I, for one, am flat jealous,” said Suzy. “There is no prey around here. I haven’t seen even a spider or a fly, let alone a mouse.”
“Mr. Baby, it’s good to see you today. Kind of you to visit,” said Toots.
“Thanks, but it wasn’t my idea! She had to go today, so she dumped me here and took Charley along. Apparently, Charley possesses no initiative,” grumped Mr. Baby.
“That just means that Charley doesn’t try to run away all the time,” said Suzy.
“But, I bet it’s nice to be near Suzy,” giggled Toots.
“Hey!” yowled Suzy.
“Any other news?” said Toots smoothly. “How about those Tomkittens?”
“There’s always something. Let’s see. Oh, the new backpack. Someone left it down where they could get at it, then Sweetie got the zipper open. He was apprehended wholly inside looking out. Booker looked on, full of admiration.
“Never in all my days has it occurred to me to do such a thing,” mused Suzy.
“Only that it is my sworn duty as a Scout to defend our Beloved Mistress from all dangers!” said Sweetie, solemnly.
“You cleared her backpack?” said Toots.
“Yes. I wasn’t sure about that package of jerky, so I bit it, to make sure,” said Sweetie.
“Good man!” said Mr. Baby. “Let’s hear Booker out. What say you, Young Sir?”
“I climb, Sir! No spot is too high, no slope too steep, for the sake of Herself, I climb to spot trouble. From my vantage on top of the easel, or the fridge, I see all below!” proclaimed Booker proudly. “Wow! M’WOW!”
“Order!” yelled Sammie. “Please refrain from yowling during the meeting!”
“Sorry,” said Booker. “Sometime I just feel like yelling Wow.”
“I’m sure we all do, from time to time. It’s OK,” said Sammie.
“I wish I could eat a cricket,” said Sweetie. “How did you like it?”
“I saw the thing hopping around, and my compulsion to hunt just took over! I pounced on it and crunched it down! It was glorious! Then something happened and it just came back up, but for the moment of triumph, it was worth the barfing!” Sammie looked pleased.
“Buddy, are you there?” said Toots. “News? Opinions? Wisdom?”
“I’m listening,” said Buddy. “Regarding yowling, I quite understand the need. Didn’t you ever suddenly get lonely, just somewhere in your house? At those times it’s best to call out as loudly as you can! Sing it! Let them know you’re lonely!”
“Oh, quite, I’m sure,” said Sammie, courteously.
“Anything else?” said Toots.
“Yeah!” said Sweetie, “You guys ever jump in the fridge? You should! It’s great!”
“It is great!” said Booker, who always goes second.
“Shall we take a vote?” said Toots. “All those who have ever jumped into the fridge, raise your paw!”
Sweetie and Booker were the only cats waving their paws, and giggling.
“Just as I suspected,” said Toots.
“Well, that’s the Purrsday wrap up, I believe,” said Suzy. “Shall we call it done, Toots?”
“Yes, dear, that’s enough for today!” said Toots. “Thank you all for Purrticipating™! See you next time!”
“Meow, over and out!” said Suzy!
🐈⬛🐈🐈⬛🐈🐈⬛🐈🐈⬛
No comments:
Post a Comment