LATEST RELEASE... 2/19/26... The Forest is Forever: No. 3 in The Collected Ralph Stories

Friday, August 28, 2026

Morning Greetings From SuzieQ, August 28, 2026


             She was really sticking close today, so I figured that she had something to say.
            So, I asked her, "What's on your mind today, Suzie?"
            "I was resting under your desk today, and both of them were out there! Looking at me. It makes me nervous," she said.
            "You know, if you don't run, they won't chase. You're a cat too. You should know that," I said.
            "I have a hard time remembering that with all those eyes looking at me. I know what it feels like to chase, and it's a pretty compelling urge," she admitted. "Anyhow, that's a photo of me five years ago. I was more orange then!"
            "Orange and green are a pretty good color combination. You should be proud to be orange with green eyes. I think a lot of people would like to be so pretty!" I said.
            "Aw, thanks. Really I just wanted to tell the readers 'Good Morning!' and say 'Prrrrt!' to my cat friends. It's been wonderful getting to know Toots, Sammie, Buddy, Serena, if she would talk more! I even miss the Fluffbag, even though he's not my Boyfren! I even miss Ms. Charley, but I know she doesn't miss me! Funny kid!" said Suzie.
            "What about Booker and Sweetie," I urged. 
            "How can I miss them? They're right here, all of the time! But yeah, them too."
            "Anything else?" I asked her.
            "I notice that the days are getting shorter. Soon it will be fall and pumpkin flavored everything!" she said.
            "That's true. Do you want a pumpkin this year. You'd match almost!" I said.
            "Yeah, I think so. But hey, Toots, where do you want to go next?" she laughed.
            "I'm sure she'll let you know," I said, before she wandered off to sit on the back of the recliner.
            So, good morning, all! Best of F'linedays to you! 

🎃
            

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year